When your smile isn't as perfect as you would like, veneers provide a simple solution. Thanks to porcelain veneers offered by your Sacramento and Folsom, CA, dentists, Drs. Julianne and Anthony Digiornio, it's possible to transform your smile without extensive dental work.
Veneers hide flaws
Veneers are thin shells made of porcelain that are attached to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement. The restorations are wafer thin for your comfort, yet very effective in hiding the imperfections that mar your smile.
Unlike crowns, which require greatly reducing the size of your tooth, veneers require minimal preparation. Your Sacramento or Folsom dentist will only need to remove a tiny amount of tooth enamel in order to ensure that your veneers fit well and look natural. After the enamel is removed, an impression of your teeth will be mad and then sent to the dental laboratory that will make your restorations.
Veneers are an excellent option if you have any of these dental flaws:
- Short Teeth: Whether your teeth have gradually shortened due to grinding or have always been short, veneers can make your smile look more uniform.
- Gaps Between Teeth: Orthodontic treatment may be needed for large gaps, but veneers can make slight spaces between teeth disappear.
- Damage and Imperfections: Veneers conceal chips and cracks but are also just as effective at hiding imperfections, such as pits or uneven surfaces.
- Discolorations: Do you have a tooth that has darkened due to a dental procedure or childhood use of the antibiotic tetracycline? Your new veneer will be fabricated in a shade that matches your natural tooth shade perfectly. If you've tried whitening in the past and been unsatisfied with the results, you may want to consider veneers instead. Veneers are available in an almost infinite number of shades of white and are very resistant to stains caused by coffee, tea, or darkly pigmented foods and beverages.
- Unusual-Looking Teeth: A single oddly shaped tooth can have a significant impact on your smile. Luckily, it's easy to change the shape of pointed, crooked, or twisted teeth simply by covering them with porcelain veneers.
Revitalize your smile with porcelain veneers! Schedule an appointment with dentists Drs. Julianne and Anthony Digiornio by calling (916) 486-8525 for the Sacramento, CA, office or (916) 81-SMILE (76453) for the Folsom office.