Your Sacramento and Folsom, CA dentists want to make sure you're taking proper care of your oral health. Having good hygienic habits will help. Here are a few things to keep in mind.
What involves proper oral hygiene?
It goes without saying that you need to brush and floss, but not everyone knows how to do it properly.
- Make sure you brush at least twice a day
- Angle the brush at a 40-degree angle
- Floss between every tooth
- Floss between the gums and each tooth
- Floss once before bed
The downside of poor dental habits:
You are susceptible to cavities if you poor oral and dental hygiene.
So, brushing and flossing properly is extremely important. Cavities occur when plaque accumulates. Plaque contains acid-producing bacteria that breaks down enamel, the protective layer covering your teeth. This exposes the sensitive layers of the tooth and gives way to bacteria infecting your tooth's pulp.
Damaged teeth, like cracks and chips, which may occur when you are playing sports or during other activities, may damage enamel and expose the tooth's pulp
What are dental procedures your Sacramento and Folsom dentist provides?
If you end up with a cavity or something more serious, you may need to consider some of these procedures:
- Dental Implants: They replace missing teeth and reinforce the jawbone.
- Crowns: They add support for severely deteriorated teeth and hides unsightly teeth, like yellow stains.
- Root Canal Therapy: Your doctor removes the pulp, disinfects the canal and seals it.
- Teeth Whitening: Stained teeth are whitened with the use of a special gel during an in-office procedure or with the use of take-home kits.
If you have any questions on how to improve your dental and oral hygiene, be sure to contact your Sacramento and Folsom, CA, dentist.